Introduction, Motivation, Agenda


Hello, I am Shreyas and thanks for checking out my blogpost series! I am a Software Developer and I like working on all kinds of projects. I particularly love Backend Development, Linux, Android, Cloud and anything that is open source. This is the very first blog that I am writing in my life, so chances are that it will turn out either moderately good or worst case bad. I am not being pessimistic by the way, I am only aware that I have never written a tech rather any blog before. Whatever the outcome is, I feel good starting this, hoping it will turn out to be something and would myself learn a few things as well.

Being an avid listener of various tech podcasts, I remember one specific episode of ‘Fragmented - Android Developer Podcast’ where host Donn Felker talked about writing blogs, documenting projects and how the process would help expose weak points in your comprehension of a topic and putting thoughts will expand your skills as a developer. 100% true cannot agree more! I do believe that’s probably one of the many ways developers can grow. But as enlightening as it sounds, I must say it's indeed difficult to put down thoughts systematically at least in the beginning. Nonetheless, there’s no harm in giving this a shot and expressing myself on the internet where people might as well relate to it.

Now that you know about me and my motivation behind this, let's get into what I will be writing here. I have a few topics lined up in my mind from all different categories but generally, I will be covering some personal projects that I am working on, specific technical skills, weekend coding hacks, tips and tricks for developers, podcast episode brief or cool article summary in every blog. If everything goes well, I will probably focus on diving deep into one particular topic on a separate thread. I am a big believer in visuals and media so will put down a bunch of images and code snippets for better understanding rather than just plain text. Being said that, my language of choice is Java but that won't always be the case always. Any developer should be language agnostic, continuously adopting new skills and have the wisdom to apply them in a live-work environment. As far as the length of the blog goes, I will try to make it compact and to the point instead of putting down everything that I could think of in the same blog.

Almost a decade ago, I took a class on control systems in my undergrad which defined the feedback control system as a system whose output is controlled using its measurement as a feedback signal. I want to make this blogpost series a ‘feedback control system’, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me on my email or social media.

Well, that’s all for now! If you’ve reached till the end, thanks again and stay tuned for more!



PS - Isn’t Spring Boot the easiest framework to setup professional backend service in literally no time? The next blog will cover setting Swagger UI for Spring Boot backend application and documenting REST APIs in a more sophisticated way.

Comments

Popular Posts